ORLEANS PARISH SCHOOL BOARD
School Facilities Master Plan Public Review And Comment Period
The School Facilities Master Plan for Orleans Parish is now available for review at the following locations:
• Administrative Office of the Orleans Parish School Board –3520 General de Gaulle Drive, Fifth Floor, Room 5084
• Administrative Offices of the Recovery School District – 1641 Poland Avenue
• On the Web at www.nolapublicshools.net and www.nops.k12.la.us
New Orleans Public Libraries:
• The Main Branch Louisiana Division, 219 Loyola Ave.
• Einstein Charter School Branch, 5100 Cannes Street
• Algiers Regional Branch, 3014 Holiday Drive
• Martin Luther King Branch, 1611 Caffin Ave.
• Nix Branch, 1401 S. Carrolton Ave.
• Alvar Branch, 913 Alvar Street
Public Hearing Schedule and Adopted Timeline:
September 3, 2008
10:00 a.m. Public Hearing
City Council Chambers
(Co-sponsored by City Council Education Committee)
September 18, 2008
5:30 p.m. Public Hearing
Mc Donogh #35- 1331 Kerelec Street
September 20, 2008
Public Comment period closes.
September 22, 2008-October 16, 2008
Comments and recommendations for adoption completed
October 21, 2008
OPSB asked to adopt the SFMPOP with appropriated recommendations.
October 23, 2008
BESE asked to adopt the SFMPOP as adopted (with appropriate recommendations) by OPSB.
Public Comments, Suggestions and/or Questions should be emailed to: email@example.com
Copies of the Master Plan can be ordered and purchased through Lettermen's Printing, 504-821-9997
See Jerry Speir's recent letter to the editor in the Times-Picayune regarding the Orleans Parish School Board's Master Plan. For additional information, see the original article.